Norfolk Named One of America’s Safest Small Towns in 2021
Norfolk made the SafeWise list of “100 Safest Small Towns in America,” coming in at number 31.
To rank the safest small towns in the United States, SafeWise analyzed the latest available violent and property crime data from the FBI. Towns with populations greater than 15,000 people and fewer than 5,000 people were excluded.
• Among the 100 towns on the SafeWise list this year, there were 6 murders total, down from 9 the previous year—that’s a 33% drop.
• There was a collective 38% rise in the violent crime rate among the safest small towns this year.
• But, there was a 17% decline in property crimes compared to the cities that made the list last year.
• For the second year in a row, the Northeast boasts the safest small towns. New Jersey leads the pack with 27, followed by New York with 17, Massachusetts with 13, and Pennsylvania with 8.
According to SafeWise, the 5 safest small towns in the US (all 5 reported zero violent crime and zero property crime incidents to the FBI):
1. Weiser, ID
2. Thetford Township, MI
3. Lewisboro Town, NY
4. Sleepy Hollow Village, NY
5. Luzerne Township, PA
To see the full report, visit https://www.safewise.com/safest-towns-america/.