Wrentham’s 350th Anniversary Celebration Starts This Month
By Grace Allen
A very special year for Wrentham begins this month. The town’s 350th anniversary is finally here, and a full slate of festivities is scheduled to commemorate and celebrate the historic milestone.
Residents are asked to save the dates for the following events, set to take place throughout the year:
• To kick off the special year, a Senior Center Brunch honoring the town’s oldest residents is scheduled for January 8 at the Senior Center.
• A St. Patrick’s Day Celebration will take place on March 18 at the American Legion.
• William Sweatt Day will be held on May 20 on the town’s common.
• The town’s common will hold a Celebration Birthday Party on
• The Grand Parade through town, replete with both local groups and professional marching bands, will take place on September 16.
• A Time Capsule Burial will take place on Wrentham’s common on October 15.
• The year’s festivities will culminate in the Gala Ball on December 2 at Lake Pearl Luciano’s.
The 350th anniversary committee hopes the year-long celebration will honor the town’s history and celebrate its legacy while giving residents many different events to participate in.
To contact the planning committee, or for more information and to RSVP for some of the festivities, visit wrentham350.com. For updates, residents can subscribe to the planning committee’s newsletter by signing up on the website or by following the group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wrentham350) or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/wrentham350/).
Corporate, family, and resident sponsorships are available.